“Harnessing the potential of the protein tyrosine phosphatase family as signal transduction-based therapeutic targets”
Vice President of Early Development (Job Description)
DepYmed Inc., is a New York based cancer and rare disease therapeutic development company. By taking a unique perspective to exploit pathological changes in signal transduction, DepYmed has produced a portfolio of orally bioavailable small molecules that are selective, allosteric PTP1B inhibitors and copper chelators. These molecules provide the company unprecedented opportunities to treat various disease indications in CNS, cancer, inflammatory disease and metabolic disorders. As DepYmed moves forward into clinical development of our novel therapeutics, we are seeking individuals to help bring our potential ground-breaking therapeutics to patients around the world.
The Vice President of Early Development is the individual that will oversee the integration of early preclinical development candidates, the generation of IND-enabling data packages and successful implementation of DepYmed’s phase 1 clinical programs. He/she will report to the Chief Executive Officer and build a matrix team to partner closely with all R&D activities at the Company.
The VP of Early Development will create and execute integrated project plans to support product teams through IND submissions of lead candidate therapeutics to the clinic. He/she will provide deep knowledge and expertise of drug development and establish a scientific network in relevant scientific fields; he/she will support SAB communications, meetings, and mandates; he/she communicate program updates at Board meetings.
Successful candidates for the VP of Early Development should have a minimum of 10+ years of relevant scientific and/or clinical expertise in rare disease and/or cancer-related drug development, MD or PhD and a minimum of 5+ years of relevant management experience. He/she must have the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, hard-working, multi-disciplinary, start-up environment with a good understanding of regulatory processes and clinical development. All candidates must have a proven track record of scientific leadership and achievement. Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and deliver results are required.
- MD or PhD degree with a minimum of 10 years progressively responsible early clinical drug development experience (minimum of 5 years managing a development team)
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with managing clinical programs.
- Experienced selecting and working with CROs and consultant teams.
- Working knowledge of pharmaceutical business, global drug development and regulatory process.
- Demonstrated expertise in phase 1 clinical trial design, conduct and interpretation of clinical data.
- Hands-on experience with regulatory submissions of INDs and CTAs.
- Experience working in rare/orphan disease research.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and skills.
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills DepYmed, Inc.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally; some travel required (pandemic considerations permitting).